Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 4 - Changing A Diaper In 60 Seconds Flat

10:17pm



I was up with B from about 4:00am to 5:30am last night, or should I say this morning? Her poor mom was pooped, so I figured I would help out and feed her. It took her about an hour and a half to relax and finally get back to sleep. I'm thinking that if I would have swaddled her, she would have fallen asleep faster. She seems to like that. She is swaddled right now, and not a peep out of her.


She spent some time with her grandpa this morning, before going out on her maiden voyage into the outside world. A pit-stop at my wife's work was first, because everyone was just dying to see her. She also had to fill out some paperwork for the maternity leave. Even though there were about 10 people hovered over her car seat, she never opened an eye.

Next stop.... Pediatrician.

Her first check-up. She loved her new doctor. A very nice person, I think we found a good one. My wife's OB/GYN actually recommended her, and we can see why. The doctor is all about organic and natural, but very down-to-earth and friendly as well. Brynlee passed everything with flying colors. As a matter of fact, I believe she was considered "perfect".

They even mentioned about a newborn little boy who was in the office earlier. Him and Brynlee would make a perfect couple, according to the staff. I had to step in and say "Hey, wait a minute, here. Let's slow down a bit!" She's already a daddy's girl, for sure.

A few more errands to Walgreens, and Babies-R-Us, and she did great. She slept about 98% of the time, with no real fusses. I guess we can't ask for much more than that, out of a newborn. She's a great baby so far, although when she wants something, you know. She happens to have quite the set of lungs.




Dad is getting more comfortable changing diapers. Not to brag or anything, but I can change a diaper in about 60 seconds flat. Not bad for a rookie.


She attracts all kinds of attention, wherever we go. Mostly because of her hair. Everyone can't seem to get enough of her full head of hair!

I got a small taste of fatherhood today, when I realized that Brynlee had eating and pooped a few times during the day, and that my wife and I hadn't eaten since dinner, the night before. It's crazy how you put your own needs off to make sure your children are taken care of. (Don't worry, we ate a good dinner tonight)


Check out this little kid's Chicago Bears jersey. I think we need to get her one!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...