Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week 37 Day 6 - No Farting, Please.

10:27pm



This weekend is pretty tough on me, with the holiday. It's overly busy at work and that really wears me out. Tonight, my mom and aunt drove out by us, and we all went out to dinner. Tried a new place up the road a little bit, and it turned out to be a big hit. Can't wait to go back.


We all got to talking about going into labor, and birth in general. A conversation that I was somewhat interested in, but at the same time, grossed out with. Why do men not like to talk about giving birth? Is it because it's something that we don't have to experience? Are we too high and mighty for it? What's the big deal?


I can't explain it. It's just awkward. Maybe I am the only one? I don't know, but I don't think so. I don't think any guys are excited to talk about babies coming out of you-know-where. But it's such a normal part of life. I guess it falls into the same category as "pooping", and "sex", and "farting".

Everyone does it, but nobody talks about it. Like it's forbidden.


2 comments:

  1. you are very right. We have had 3 home births, and my husband still doesn't talk about it. It's so silly.

    You are right. It's part of life. It's actually one of the most glorious parts of life. People should be talking about it everywhere. The thing is, hospitals make it so clinical and so many women don't have good experiences.

    I loved birth, and I love talking about it :).

    Thanks so much for your post and also for linking up with us again at the Mommy Monday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I love being a part of the Blog Hop!

      -PregoForMen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...