Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 3 - Pump And Save

10:39pm



Today was my first day back to work since Brynlee was born. I would have rather stayed home, but you have to do what you have to do. I am off tomorrow which is nice, because we have a lot to get done around home. Clothes are still packed from the hospital, laundry to be done, dishes to be done, house cleaning, and all of that fun stuff. Not really looking forward to it. My wife took care of some of the chores while she was home today, but she is limited on what she can do. Plus, she has a newborn to take care of as well!

Little B has her first Pediatric appointment tomorrow afternoon. Just a quick check-up to make sure she is getting enough food, and that she is doing well in general. Breast-fed babies need to be seen within 1-2 days after being released from the hospital. So we'll see how that goes. This girl has been eating like crazy.

My wife pumped breastmilk for the first time today. She was able to get about 8oz. Her breasts were hurting and the baby wasn't eating fast enough. They were leaking so she decided to pump because, face it, breast milk is like gold. Pump and save. Pump and save. Sell it on Ebay. (Just Kidding)

The lactation consultant said it's important for my wife to feed her only from her breasts, because that is how a mother and child bond. Obviously, there are other ways as well, but that's a big one. As far as dads, we bond with our children more by ways of playing, and changing, and things like that.


I changed my first official diaper tonight. A nice, poopy one. It was great. I loved it. Can't wait to do it again. Do you like my sarcasm?


We have this Medela Pump In Style breast pump





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...