Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 31 Day 4 - Too Soon Rolling Stone

4:43pm



We had a doctor's appointment yesterday, but I wasn't able to go. I had to work the late shift. She said everything is going great, but she had a sore throat, so the doc prescribed some antibiotics. She was a little afraid to take them last night, but I think she finally did today. I doubt he would offer them if they are harmful to the baby. From now on, she has to see her OB/GYN every week. No more ultrasounds, except for our 3rd attempt at the 3d/4d on Tuesday, the 23rd. After that, we won't see her until she's here. It's getting so close, it's scary!

One of my childhood friends had a baby a couple days ago. His first. So it was a little relieving for me to see that go over well. Of course I only really saw pictures on Facebook. It sure seems exciting. I don't know how I am going to do in the hospital room. Hopefully I will be ok!


I wanted to address another hot news topic that is trending right now. The Rolling Stone Magazine cover, this month, features a picture of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. This is very controversial amongst the public because why would you want to classify a murderer with "rock star" status?



Rolling Stone defends their article because they say they are NOT glorifying a killer. As you can see by the title of the article, it appears to be about how someone so normal, could become such a "monster". That, to me, doesn't seem to be "glorifying" in any way. However, I think by choosing a picture like they did, they are portraying the wrong message. He should be in a jumpsuit or behind bars. 

Many stores are already promising not to carry this issue on their shelves. I believe the issue will be released on Friday, so it is not currently out yet. The controversy has certainly given Rolling Stone a lot of publicity though, which usually is what the cover is designed to do. Draw attention. They certainly got it. So that part, they did a fantastic job of.

My thoughts? 

Too Soon Rolling Stone. 


I want your input! 

Do you think this was a bad choice on Rolling Stone's part? Why or why not? I would love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below, or on my Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...