Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Friday, July 19, 2013

Week 31 Day 5 - Your baby is the size of a... WHAT?

1:17pm



Little baby is 31 weeks old! (and a few days). But not technically, she is nothing until she is born. How does that work? She is alive in there, and growing, yet she has no age. She is not considered "alive" until she exits the body. I guess I never really thought about that before, but that's really strange to me. You should be considered nine months old when you are born. Don't you think?


Maybe it's because they can't determine the actual date of conception? But they go by last missed period. Why couldn't that be the day of how old he/she is?


Whatever.



So she is about the size of a Pineapple, at 31 weeks old. I wouldn't like for a pineapple to be inside me, so pregnant woman, more power to ya. I couldn't handle that.

She is around 16-17 inches long, and weighs anywhere from 2.5 to 4 pounds. By the looks of her chubby cheeks on the ultrasound, I'm guessing she's closer to 4.

Her five senses are also fully developed, and she is getting smarter and smarter everyday as more brain cells develop, along with her nerves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...