Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 22 Day 5 - Our baby's growth

9:40pm


Our daughter is about the size of a baseball mitt(or a papaya) this week. She weighs just over 1 pound and is about a foot long. 

Our baby at 22 Weeks :
  • Now that she's got more developed eyes and lips, she's looking even more like a newborn.
  • She's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (Most likely when my wife's not feeling any kicks!). 
Pregnancy Symptoms at 22 Weeks :
  • Increased libido.
  • Stretch marks and maybe even an "outtie", coming from the expanding belly!
  • More vaginal discharge, a result of increased blood flow down there.
  • Steady weight gain -- about 1/2 pound each week until the end of the pregnancy.
  • Minor swelling in hands and feet. She usually can't get her wedding ring on anymore.
  • Back aches, due to extra pressure from baby and carrying around the extra weight.
  • Hair growth. I'm not too sure how I feel about this...
  • Trouble catching your breath, as baby continues to crowd the lungs. She complains about this quite often.




I am working the late shift again today. Start at 1pm. Before I leave though I am going to throw some pork country ribs in the crockpot. My wife marinated them over night in the fridge with some rib rub, I can only imagine how delicious they will be when I get home tonight.



7:19pm


All I can think about is those ribs waiting for me at home. I cut my first special order tonight, by myself. A lady wanted 6 "exact thickness" filet mignons. I got to work and she loved them. I like being able to do what I love and get the satisfaction of making somebody happy in return. 

My wife isn't answering so she must have fallen asleep. Happens quite often actually. Is this normal? I thought the sleepiness went away in the second trimester?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...