Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Friday, May 3, 2013

Week 20 Day 5

9:02am


Up and awake, waiting for Ashely Furniture once again. Their time window for delivery this morning is 8am-12noon. It is a little after 9am and they aren't here yet. I moved everything from the stairway and living room that could possibly get in their way. It is raining a little bit out, so maybe that can be their new excuse.

I think we have to grab some groceries once my wife gets home from work. We need some basics like eggs and milk. She also wants to get her nails done... BORING! Although, I have heard that men should get pedicures as well. My feet are pretty rough, maybe I should try it out.

Yesterday I emailed a company for some more info about Cord Blood Banking. I don't really know much about it other than they use the Umbilical Cord in the future to help treat medical problems your child may have. It has been proven very successful and safe. However it is 2000 dollars to do, and another 100 or so a year to store it. You can finance the cost, pay in full, or create a registry. I'm not sure if we are going to do it or not. Something to think about still.

Some more info available here - http://www.cordblood.com


11:48am

WE HAVE LIVING ROOM FURNITURE!! Such a long wait, but after the refunds and everything, it might have been worth it. We got such a great price for a really comfortable couch set. And then everything else included was just a bonus. See picture.



 4:36pm


Waiting for my wife to get home, she gets off at 4:30pm. I'm not sure what we are going to do today. We need some groceries still, and now have to get lightbulbs for the new lamps. So maybe we will go take care of that. We also need to look at some new dining rooms sets. I called my work today and I have to go back on Sunday. So tomorrow is my last day of vacation. Bummer. Sometimes they give me Sunday, and Monday off as well. Makes my vacation a little bit longer, but at the same time I have to work 6 days in a row then until my next day off. Which isn't very fun, so going back Sunday is OK with me.


I know that she is going to come home and want to rearrange all of the furniture, not because it needs to be, but because that way she can say that it was her idea and not mine. But that's OK. That's what I like about her, she knows what she wants and she will always find a way to get what she wants. Sometimes that's not the best thing but for the most part it's good. (I'll let you know later on if I am right!)

I have a tanning membership because I am the type of guy that likes to try to take care of myself. I work out, tan, try to eat healthy, and dress decent. (Not always, not quite as much lately as I used to either) But today I ran to Target and got some self-tanner and regular men's lotion. I bought Banana Boat Summer Color. I did some research on Amazon.com and read reviews on the different options. The Banana Boat one had really good reviews. So I tried it out, and we'll see how it goes, I have had it on for a couple hours now and seems to be working pretty well. I don't want to look orange, and it shouldn't based on reviews. If it saves me from the monthly cost of the tanning salon, and even better from getting skin cancer, then I will just start using this stuff from now on. It's only 6 bucks a bottle.

Living Room Set (temporary arrangement)








8:23pm


GO HAWKS!


We are looking online at baby shower invitations. There are way too many different options. Every time we narrow it down to a couple choices, we find a new website with even better cards. I guess we should stop looking for new sites!


Some good websites we found:

http://www.storkie.com

http://www.tickledpinkinvitations.com

http://www.tinyprints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...