Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 14 Day 5

2:40pm

Today has been a lot better than yesterday. I've been at work all day and my wife and grandparents are taking most of our stuff to our new place today. Some of our bigger furniture is still at her sister's house so we are getting a trailer and getting that stuff tomorrow. If we sleep there tonight we will probably be on the floor. I don't have an air mattress and our bed won't be there until tomorrow. Oh well I'm sure we won't be the first people to do it.

She has already been becoming uncomfortable to sleep though. Her back always hurts and she tosses and turns all night. If you touch her stomach wrong its painful for her. Like if you put any pressure at all she will jump and say it hurts. Is that normal? I don't know.

It's so weird to think we have our own place. After three years (on march 31), we are finally going to be on our own. We've always lived with family. First my mom then her sister, now my grandparents. It's a great feeling to know that we finally did it. How we are going to afford it I'm not too sure. But we will make it work. We have to. She has lived on her own before, I haven't.

It's pretty nice outside today, still cold but sunny. Warm in the car. I would still much rather be on the beach somewhere with an ice cold beer!


12:43am

It's technically tomorrow but I don't care. We are at the new place and my wife is cleaning everything. I know it sounds bad but I've tried to clean and I just get yelled at for doing it wrong. So she likes to clean a certain way so I just let her do it and keep her company. She's ok with it, even while pregnant.

We have a ton of stuff to put away. Sent a couple hundred at Walmart tonight just getting cleaning supplies, cups, silverware, garbage can, and all the other necessities that we need just to get by. Even had to get a shower rod and curtain, Kleenex, paper towels, stuff like that. It's crazy how much stuff you really need to survive in a house just one day.

Our bed won't be here until tomorrow so we have an air mattress tonight. Figured it's good to have anyways in case anyone wants to spend the night. Not sure if we are going to get a sleeper sofa or not. It's a big price difference and now we have a nice big queen size air mattress.

We are going to be up very early to go pick up my grandpa's truck and borrow it to pull the uhaul trailer we rented for tomorrow. We should be able to pick up most of the rest of our belongings tomorrow with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...