Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week 36 Day 2 - Where's The Expectant Dad's Parking Spot?

9:04pm



I got to spend some time with my dad yesterday. We went and played a quick round of golf. I'm not very good at it, but he tries to help. I guess you could say I'm getting better. Need to keep practicing.



After that we headed over to all the "baby" stores to take back some duplicate items, and exchange for things that we still need. We loved all the gifts, but ended up with quite a bit of stuff that wasn't even on our registry. We really need a few important items, so we exchanged some of the things that we won't really use. I parked in the "expecting mothers" parking spot, but it got me to thinking...

Why doesn't dad get a special spot? Are these people sexist? I'm expecting a baby too. But I have to walk farther? What's the deal?!


If you can't read the sign, it says "Parking for Expectant Mothers, and Parents with Newborns." Well, I am neither! I want my rights! BuyBuyBaby, I say you give us dad's some credit too! Maybe our spots don't need to be closer than the mother's spot, but maybe we can have the next few. Heck, put us in the back, we are men, we don't care. It just is exciting to be recognized. Us guys are pretty easy to please.


So if any of you get to park in the new "Dad Spot" in the future. You can thank me later.


My wife was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today, but the Dr. was doing a delivery, or something like that. So her appointment won't be until next week. Simple check-ups until the baby comes now. Exciting that she can actually be here any day now. Hopefully she will wait a few more weeks, but she should be healthy even if she does show up a little sooner. My wife is starting to get pretty uncomfortable too. Feet hurt, back hurts, lots of naps, pains, all kinds of stuff. She doesn't look huge, either. I think I am over the whole "pregnant" lifestyle. I am as ready now as I ever will be. Well, besides the fact that I don't know how to put a diaper on, still. Better get working on that!


When did you learn how to change a diaper for the first time? Was it after your first born was already here? Did you practice before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...