Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Week 33 Day 4 - The Baby's Skull Morphs During Delivery?

6:18pm



Finally a nice day in Chicago, the last few were a little colder than normal, and rainy.


I found out a weird fact today. Did you know that as a fetus, by week 33, the bones in the skull are formed, but they aren't fused. They actually don't fuse until early adulthood. The bones in the skull can actually overlap, to help the baby move through the birth canal during delivery. This, I did not know. I wonder if my skull is fused now? Hmm. I think I am past early adulthood....




Baby is about 5.5 lbs, a little larger than normal for this week. Normal is around 5 pounds. They come up with the 5.5lbs from the ultrasound measurements. In the third trimester, the ultrasound measurements are the least accurate, as far as due dates are concerned. They can be (+/-) 3 weeks difference.


That's all for today. Don't really feel like writing. What's for dinner?



Remember to follow me on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram! Check the top right corner of this website for links!


Question of the day:

How old were you when you had your first child?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...