Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Week 25 Day 4 - 5 Motivational Quotes To Live By, 10k Milestone

11:51am


If you look to the right of my page, you should see the "Dad Bloggers" icon. Yesterday I was honored to be added to the group of hand-selected members. Maybe this blog isn't wasting my time after all. I like to think that there is purpose to it, though my wife doesn't see one... Or I should say, DIDN'T.

If you don't already know, she was never interested in this blog, or what I was writing. She read a few posts at first, then told me I was talking too much about myself, and wasn't enough content related to being pregnant. I told her that it was fine(because I am a guy, and I know everything) and that she was wrong. Well, it wasn't really taking off, and people would view it, but wouldn't return for more. Recently, I have started to realize that my readers might want to hear more about our pregnancy rather than what I ate for lunch that day. So I have changed my writing habits, and surprise, surprise; even my wife now reads the blog daily. She said she is impressed by what I say, and that I am going to make a great dad. She is happy to see me so involved. I am not very emotional in person, but I feel like writing lets me say what I wouldn't say out loud. I believe that this is also why today, I hit over 10,000 pageviews. To many, that may seem like nothing. But to me, that's a huge milestone. Especially coming from someone who was always quiet, shy, soft-spoken, and not much of a go-getter. So a big Thank You to everyone who has stopped-by!

My Favorite Motivational Quotes -

  • "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
    -Ayn Rand
  • "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
    -Og Mandino  
  • "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."
    -Victor Kiam  
  • "Either you run the day or the day runs you."
    -Jim Rohn 
  • "The secret of getting ahead is getting started."
    -Mark Twain


"The Tallest Oak in the Forest, was once just a Little Nut that held it's ground."






Now that you are too motivated to sit home and read blogs all day, follow me on -




(Did you notice, that I totally contradicted my whole post, by not writing anything about pregnancy? Way to be observant!)



 9:59pm


Just got home from shopping for maternity clothes. Not for me obviously, even though my belly is growing as well.... She got a lot of good deals, but maternity clothes aren't cheap. I recommend a second hand store, you wear the stuff for a couple months, why spend full price? Some people are weirded out about lightly used clothes, but once you wear a new pair of jeans, guess what, it's slightly used now. 

Watching the end of the Blackhawks game, they are up 3-2. They got this.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...