Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 23 Day 1 - Five Foods To Avoid While Pregnant

7:30am


Up a little early this morning for some reason. We were able to pick up our baby's crib and dresser yesterday. They are solid wood so of course they were extremely heavy! Thanks to my grandpa and uncle for helping me get them into the house. Couldn't have done it by myself. And Thanks to my wife's parents for buying them for us!


I am supposed to have a dentist appointment at 2:30pm. I forgot to write it in my calendar way back when I originally scheduled. So they called me late last week and I realized I was scheduled to work today. By the time I was going to call and cancel on Saturday they had already closed. Found out later that if I cancel the day of the appointment, today, that it will be a $50 cancellation fee. My luck.


11:31am


Have you ever stuck your head into a pile of cow manure? My way to work felt a lot like that thanks to the truck full of it driving in front of me. Yum. 



Man that crib was heavy! I didn't realize how awkward shaped the box would be. And it must be solid wood because it was no lightweight. The dresser is really nice too. Equally heavy. 



While at the baby store I used the restroom and couldn't help notice, and think to myself, who feels the need to violently tear toilet paper and throw it all over while using the restroom?


I don't get it. 



2:17pm

5 Foods To Avoid While Pregnant:


1. Packaged ramen noodles

Read the label: These quick-cooking noodles are packed with salt, fat, and little else.

2. Soda

If you fill up on empty calories and sugar, you won't have any room for more nutritious drinks. Low-fat milk, water, and juice are better choices.
3. Shelf-stable commercial lunches
Sure, they're a quick fix for hunger pangs, but preservatives, salt, and fat make most of them a poor choice. There are some okay packaged lunch options out there, though, so check the labels!
4. Too many frozen prepared meals
There are some good choices out there, but many have astronomical amounts of salt and fat. Instead, pop a potato in the microwave, then top it with cheese and steamed broccoli for a fast, healthy meal. If you can't avoid the occasional frozen meal, look for organic brands that are low in salt and fat.
5. Iceberg lettuce
When it comes to lettuce, choose greens, such as romaine, that are full of fiber, A and C vitamins, folic acid, calcium, and potassium. Iceberg lettuce has only trace amounts of these nutrients.
-Babycenter



8:19pm


BabyandBump Awkward Pregnancy Photo Contest 


After finding a website full of hilarious awkward pregnancy photos, I decided to have a little contest amongst the members over at BabyandBump to see if they could come up with anything better. There are several great photos that they gave me to choose from, however "babyjan" had my wife and I laughing the hardest! Thanks babyjan and everyone else too!

Our favorite "Awkward Pregnancy Photo" via babyjan






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...