Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 16 Day 3

12:16pm

Passed out as soon as I got home last night. My wife was sleeping when I got home, but she got up and took a shower and made her lunch for today.

I was a few minutes late to work this morning. Actually it's quite a story. I have the option of two ways to work right when you leave our subdivision. One way is faster but has train tracks and the other goes a little out of the way but there is a bridge over the tracks. I didn't see any trains so I opted for the shortcut route. Sure enough, as soon as I approached the tracks the gates went down and lights started flashing. So I decided to turn around and go back the other way. As soon as I'm turned around I noticed it was a few second long metra commuter train. So instead of continuing back I turned back around again. This time I turn around and the LIGHTS and GATES start up AGAIN! I'm thinking to myself "you have got to be kidding me!" So I wait a few seconds while approaching the gates thinking maybe it will be another fast train. Some time goes by and I don't see a train so I decide I need to turn around again and take the other route. Must be a slow train coming. I turn around, start heading the other direction, look in the rearview and the lights shut off and gates are going up. No train at all. False alarm. WHAT IS GOING ON! I turn back around for the fourth time and fly through the open gates. I must have looked like an idiot basically driving in circles in the middle of the road. Then there was an accident on the last main road which had traffic all backed up. Oh well I made it.


Have been making food all morning. Slow day at work. I made bacon, then some beef tenderloin tips with mushrooms, now I have some Texas taco beef going.

My wife called me right before she got to work this morning crying and shook up because I guess someone passed her under a bridge and almost hit her and almost putting her into the wall. She is ok.


3:36pm

Lunch break is just about over. I called my bank to change my address on my account. Their verification question for me was to give them an exact amount of a recent transaction. I was stumped. Is it normal to remember exact amounts of transactions? I sure don't. I'm at work I don't have any receipts or bank statements on me. I just gave them my name, acct number, social security number, but that's not enough. After a minute I gave them my car loan payment but I don't even know the exact amount of that. They accepted it and changed my address. I think they need to come up with a better question for people like me who can't even remember what we did yesterday let alone an exact transaction amount. Jeez.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...