Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 10 Day 1

 

2/19/13

These last ten weeks have really been something. A roller coaster ride of mood swings and food aversions....I never realized how much a woman's body really could change.

I'll start out with a little background information. I just turned 26 on Feb 9, and my wife turned 23 on the 9th also (weird I know, but hey that's actually how we met!). They say it's a windy city here in Chicago. I guess we must have blown right into each other. We, like most couples, have had our share of ups and downs, but we always manage to get through them. I love her more today than yesterday, and even more tomorrow. We have been together for 3 years, recently married, and blessed with our first bundle of joy soon to arrive.

The first official day of your pregnancy begins on the first day of your last missed period(which I, like most men I'm sure, did not know), which would be December 11th. We were told by our ultrasound technician that the baby was most likely conceived on December 25th, and that's why we were late to Christmas breakfast. OOPS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! At our initial doctor's visit we were told that the baby came from her right ovary, and we were able to watch the first flickers of life right there on the screen. It was a very neat experience, and the feeling is indescribable.


FAST FORWARD TO WEEK 10


My posts will be more like this. Simple, and to the point. My purpose is to create this "diary" so that my wife and I can look back and help remember the process, day by day. Sharing our story with others is just a bonus.

Anyways, today we had our second OBGYN visit. Just some testing for bacteria and yeast or any other type of vaginal infections which can be more prominent during pregnancy. Not that exciting for a guy. But we did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Another emotional moment more so for her, but for me as well. We have friends that are a little ahead of us in their pregnancy, so we sort of have a "heads-up" via Facebook of what's next to come. They mentioned something about the first sounds of the heartbeat a few weeks back.

My wife had to work this morning, and I had the day off. My employer allows a day off for your birthday, paid. So even though it was the 9th, I can use it any time after. Today was that day. I dropped her off at work at 9am and picked her up at 12:30 to make it to the doctor. She was starving on the way so instead of being on time, we were a few minutes late due to an emergency McDonalds drive-thru visit. She is ALWAYS hungry and craves the strangest things! She is also very tired, so when we got home from the visit, she went straight to a nap.

While she was sleeping, and I sit here pondering, this blog was born. See you tomorrow!

Puke Factor= 2x today

6 week Ultrasound
UPDATE: Ran to the grocery store for some fresh fruit and veggies. She stayed up until midnight cutting fruit into chunks, and I made dinner.. Chicken breasts with pan sauce, steamed broccoli, and a sweet potato with coconut butter. yum!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you and your wife on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Tim! We are excited (and a little nervous too!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...