Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 1 - Welcoming Baby!

10:51pm



My wife pushed for about 45 minutes. They actually turned off the epidural because they needed her to get the baby out quickly, and the epidural tends to slow down the process. The complications with preeclampsia cause the health risks to be higher, so the sooner she is out the better. 


She did great throughout the whole labor. I was able to be a part of it by holding one of her legs and keeping close to her side. I now have an incredible amount of respect for any mother after witnessing what they go through. 

Our beautiful baby girl was born at 12:46pm yesterday (Sept 15, 2013). She was 8lbs 10oz, and 19.5 inches long. My wife is recovering very quickly and the baby is doing great. 

This journey has been such an experience and I wouldn't have it any other way. Other dads always tell me that there is no other love like the love you will have for your children and I can already see what they mean. 

The best part is that the real journey has just begun. And I am really looking forward to every day from here on out. 


Introducing Brynlee Rose....



And check out the amount of hair on this girl's head! (Coming out of the back of her little hat!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...