Social Icons




twitterfacebookgoogle plusinstagramrss feedemail

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Say Yes To Less - Distractions

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Little Remedies. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.





Even before Brynlee was born, my wife and I decided that we wanted to keep everything we gave the baby as natural as possible. She was going to breast feed. We would make our own baby food at home. Only natural medicines in our cabinets. The way it should be.

So far, this has all been true. When Brynlee was born, we found a nearby pediatrician who is all about being all-natural, and homeopathic. We aren't "yuppy" or strict about what we eat, but I do believe that all these unnecessary "additives" that we consume are effecting our bodies. Maybe not right away, but down the road this will all catch up. Hormones, pesticides, sweeteners, and other unnatural additions to our food/medicines, are killing us.

When we started going to her, and she explained some of the reasons that she believes that natural is the way to go, we knew that we had to stick to it. We only use organic/natural body wash and shampoo, no more fabric softener, and natural medicines. It is more expensive, but worth it. Good health is key.

This is why we chose to "Say Yes To Less", and we encourage you to, as well.



Now, even after talking about how much we dislike unnatural additives in things that we consume, I actually pledged to Say Yes To Less - Distractions. 

Today, you cannot go anywhere without seeing a smartphone in someone's hand. This includes my family. I am the biggest culprit. I will have a laptop, iPad, and iPhone all going at the same time. What's wrong with that? Well, they are distractions. Distracting us from the world around us. Our growing family, world affairs, and immediate surroundings are all sidelined by "updates" and "notifications" from electronic devices. These are times that we need to cherish. Our baby is growing and changing quickly and these are the moments that we can never get back. Like they say, "Don't blink, because life will pass you by." 

We are going to work on spending less time on electronics so that we can spend more time with our family. As you have noticed, I have recently slowed down my blog postings because of this reason. Too much time is spent on the computer and not enough with my little girl, who won't be so little before we know it. 

We actually haven't used any medicine with Bryn yet, but we have a full Little Remedies line-up on hand, just in case. They don't use any unnecessary products in the ingredients, and that is important to us. We have tried gripe water with her to help when she is gassy. And it seems to work pretty well. 

We make sure to use hand sanitizer before we touch her face, and I am really weird about making sure to use antibacterial sanitizer on just about every surface in the house. It must be working. We need to get our flu shots, but I have heard mixed reviews. I have never had one, because I have never really been affected by the flu. For Brynlee's sake, it's probably best that we are immunized, though. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...